Thursday 9 July 2015

My Lipstick Collection - The Nudes



So today I decided to talk about beauty and makeup. This is a new segment that I have decided to start. I will be showing my lipstick collection and you will be able to find it under the 'Makeup & Beauty' tab.

To begin, I am going to show my lipstick collection. It will be split into a few parts because I have quite a few. Here is my nudes lipstick collection.

Below you can see the lip products I have with swatches and I will talk about them in detail below



From Left to Right

Rimmel Kate Moss: 08 | Aveda: 230 Guarana | Lancome: 201 | Rimmel Oh My Gloss: Snog | Balance Me: Sheer Raspberry | Elizabeth Arden: Bare



Elizabeth Arden: Bare

This lip pencil is a nude brown but is a bit too dark for my colouring. I like to wear it with a pale pink lipstick, which I will be showing in another part of my collection. I find it a bit waxy to apply. I prefer to add a lip balm underneath so it applies better. I think this lip liner is pretty good if you want to achieve that Kylie Jenner/90's nude lip. 


Rimmel Kate Moss: 08

This is my favourite nude lipstick. It is like your lips but better nude. I really like the formula of the Rimmel Kate Moss lipsticks and this one is one of my favourites. It applies smoothly and leaves a satin to glossy finish. I love to wear this with statement eye makeup or just mascara for day to day.


Lancome: 201

This is also a gorgeous nude to wear also. It is very sheer so it only leaves a light tint on the lips. It is leaves a glossy look on the lips but I still really like it. It also is nice and small to fit into a purse.




Aveda: 230 Guarana

This is more of a darker nude, in fact it is a brown on my lips. It leaves a bit of metallic sheen and it is well pigmented. It would not be my cup of tea but I think it looks best in autumn or with rust colours.



Rimmel Oh My Gloss; Snog

This is the only really glossy lipgloss I have in my nude. To be honest, I don't really like the feeling of hair sticking to my lips. This is one of those glosses but I just can't throw it away because it has a great colour pay-off. It is the perfect 90's nude with a glossy finish. However it is one which you have to pull back your hair with. Oh well, nothing wrong with that.



Balance Me: Sheer Raspberry

Last but not least, this is a very sheer gloss from Balance me. Although it says raspberry, I would classify this as a nude. It barely leaves any colour on the lips but is nicely glossy and great to put on top of other lipsticks. It is not my favourite but I like to leave in my collection for one of those, 'I want glossy lips' days.

So that it all for my post today and next week I will post another part of my lipstick collection. I hope you enjoyed this post especially my photography skills (those buggers took ages to take!) Same day next week with my beauty posts and hopefully this will go as well as my Saturdays and Tuesdays posts.

Ta-ta for now, Nee x

No comments:

Post a Comment