Saturday 19 July 2014

Style Saturday #2 Shopping and Chilling in Trinity

So today's Style Saturday is actually posted on a Saturday. I'm actually writing his on the bus home from a long and tiring day of shopping, walking and eating macaroons in the park in Trinity College. Although we bought basically nothing except one top on sale in Zara for myself and food (of course!), my sister and I are still buzzing from the day. And I actually managed to bring my iPad with me so I could take pictures for one this post and another for myself of course. Even though it weighed down my bag (my shoulders are slowly dying), it's better than bringing my camera because of the free wifi (whoop!) 

We started off the day by heading to Bewley's Cafe after a 3 hour long bus ride up. Even though we already had something at half six this morning, we were absolutely starving by 10, so we decided to head to Bewley's. We both had a continental breakfast which included a bowl of fruit salad with natural yogurt or cream (I opted for the yogurt. It's healthier after all), a croissant with butter and jam, a glass of freshly squeezed orange juice and tea for two. That's quite a mouthful! It was delicious and definitely lasted us 'til lunch/dinner (linner?) 

After that we headed to Space NK, which has only recently opened in Dublin. Although my sister and I were disappointed by the lack of makeup stands it offers, we think it would be perfect for our mum who adores skincare products. It stocks quite a few skincare brands including Ren, Rodial and Eve Lom. Perfect for skincare junkies. 


Now who couldn't resist going into a Disney store? Not us anyway! I think it's criminal not too, especially since I don't have one nearby. And look who we found while we were there, but ever-so adorable Olaf from Frozen. Look how cute he is! Sadly we did not buy him as he was €30 and we tried to look around for a smaller (and hopefully cheaper version) but alas, our mission did not succeed. Instead we opted for a photo to show everyone how cute they are. 


To end our day, we went to Trinity College, where I had never been to before surprising, and eat some Laudrée macaroons (Vanilla, Caramel and Chocolate). Of course they were scrumptious! And just to note, Essie nail polish is amazing at staying power. That nail polish has been on for 2 weeks now (hand curtesy of my dear sister). Would totally recommend Essie. 


Lastly here is the actual photo of my outfit, since it is Style Saturday after all. I'm wearing a grey v-neck t-shirt from Gap, black trousers from Vero Moda, cardigan from H&M, moccasins/loafers from Penneys/Primark and bag from Radley. I choose a simple more laid-back outfit for a long day of walking. My feet weren't that bad after all and no ankles were cut in the process (a common thing that helps to my sister and I). What you probably can't see here, is the heaviness of my bag. It was so heavy! It's my fault though, filling it with maybe not-so-essential essentials. Also please excuse my doozy face, this was taken just before we left for the bus, but we couldn't resist this cool spinning globe thing in Trinity.

So I guess I'll end it here with my outfit as the last photo (probably should have been the first) and I'm kind-of feeling slightly travel sick from being on the iPad on the bus. Ta-ta for now and I should see ye again on Tuesday for another (hopefully better) recipe. Nee x





No comments:

Post a Comment