Tuesday 24 March 2015

Tasty Tuesday #16 Smoothie Time


For something quick and easy to have in the morning a smoothie is great. It is just a bunch of fruit and veg with a bit of juice and added vitamins. I am going to tell you my quick and easy method to make a smoothie.

The ingredients can vary. It depends on what is in your house at the time. I always use these four main ones.

Banana (1/2 for a less thick smoothie)
Small handful of oats
Choice of juice (I choose Apple or orange)
About a tablespoon of yogurt (I use natural)

Next you can add any fruit and veg of your choice but I would limit it to two more. 

Blend the mixture in a blender and serve in a glass or thermal flask to drink on the way. 

I add yogurt to the smoothie as it thickens it up and provides a source of protein. The oats act as a form of carbohydrates to keep you going during the day. 

I added a few strawberries and a handful of blueberries into this one.

Ta-ta for now, Nee x

No comments:

Post a Comment