Tuesday 27 August 2013

bareMinerals Original Foundation Review

I have had this foundation for a few years years already now and I decided that this should be the product I review here. 



BareMinerals (or Bare Escentuals) is a mineral makeup brand which provides makeup made the minerals in rocks and in the earth. It is also a brand that suits most skin types, even sensitive skin. Being blessed with sensitive skin myself, I decided to try out the foundation, a few years back. 

My mum (who has sensitive skin aswell) has been using this product longer then me along with my sister. One day, my mum brought me into a Brown Thomas, department store with sells designer brands. she had booked a makeover session at the bareMinerals, which had been my first time properly using there products. Once the makeover was complete, the lady gave me a little sample of the mineral foundation in the shade 'Fairly Light'. I had begun using it on days when I felt like I wanted to wear foundation (being a teenager means you can get away with makeup-free days). That's were my love for the foundation began. I used it again and again. 


The foundation is in a loose powder form with a tint of colour and can be buildable. BareMinerals recommends that you should apply a primer on the skin to help the foundation stay on the skin longer, but I don't because I prefer to have light coverage of foundation on my face. I apply the foundation using an Ecotools Contour Brush, tapping the foundation onto the lid and swirling my brush around and tapping off the excess. If I have a few spots on my face I take some the foundation onto my ring finger and pat it out the spot. The heat from my fingers, warms the foundation making it cling to the spot better.


 Aswell as having something lighter on your skin, the minerals in the foundation are supposed helps to treat spots, and get rid of them. Sometimes this works, but I find a good cleanser works best to get rid of spots on my face. 

The price of this foundation is a little steep at €26 for 8g in Debenhams stores, however the starter set comes with two foundations (in shades closest to your own colouring), mineral veil, bronzer and brushes to get started. It is priced at €58 (again in Debenhams), but it is always best to get it at Christmas when it is on offer. 


The foundation is good for those who like a light coverage foundation and sensitive skin. I would give it a 3.5/5 as it clings to some of my dry skin (probably because I don't use a primer) and it's price tag is a little steep. It is great to start off as a teenager, even just getting the sample size because it's easy to bring around and it's shelf life lasts longer than a liquid foundations. 


See you soon in another post,
Nee x



No comments:

Post a Comment