Saturday 31 August 2013

How to care for your lips

Lips can create a makeup look by gap just adding colour to them. However, before we start with bright lipstick ps and glosses, we need to learn how to take care of our lips.

1. Scrub 
Your lips aren't always perfectly smooth and especially in winter our lips can get flaky and dry. Not good if you want to rock that bright lip for winter. You can buy lip scrubs like Lush's Popcorn or Bubblegum, but you can always make your own. I like to use sugar (and occasionally honey). I rub the sugar and honey onto my lips and rub in a circular motion. The sugar scrubs off the dry skin and the honey moistures your lips. 

2. Moisture 
A good lipbalm is essential in our beauty bag. Some lipbalms can be drying for your lips so it's good to try a few. As a student, my budget is quite small and I tend to look for cheaper beauty products. I have found that brands like, Burt's Bees provide great lipbalms for great prices. I don't have one at the moment as I used it all up but I prefer the original. Another pro for Burt's Bees is that the flavours are quite yummy (can't think of any other word!). I love the mango one, and would reapply it again and again just for the scent/taste. It's a great plus!

3. Hydrate
Lastly drink plenty of water. Water is great for keeping your lips nice and healthy and soft. Being dehydrated isn't great for your body and mind, just drinking 8 glasses of water a day (2 litres), can not only help the appearance of your lips, but also your body and skin. Your body will thank you.

That's all the tips I use for keeping my lips soft, especially when you want to rock a bright lip colour. Enjoy! 

Nee x


No comments:

Post a Comment