Thursday 7 August 2014

Chocolate, Fitness and New Runners

So today instead of being in the library, I'm sitting in a cafe eating a dark chocolate brownie and drinking a latte (I haven't had coffee in quite a while). The brownie is tasty and has a hint of a nutty taste, like they added some Nutella. Although it does remind me of the Milka's noisette chocolate bar, far too delicious and great when it's €1!

I should probably stop talking about chocolate and talk about my new fitness plan. I know, such a change in topic, going from one extreme to another. Anyway, I have decided to go for one hefty walk or strength building activity a day. Take for example the first day I tried it on Sunday. I went for a 6km walk (I think) which I found quite easy, strange for someone who has been not-so active for a while. I guess the reason why it wasn't so bad was that, it was a flat walk with no uphills or downhills. However the next day that changed. The walk that I went on was about 10km to and back and let me tell you there were so many steep uphills that I didn't make it fully to the top. Sounds stupid I know, but I was ony getting used to it. The next day, as you know I went high-roping which I can tell worked my upper body strength. I felt that the next day. On that day, which was only yesterday, I went for another walk, which again had uphills. It was all worth it when we ate lunch at a beautiful small waterfall. It was mesmerising! But yeah, that it what I have done so far. I plan to go walking on the beach, but I've taken a break from my runners.

On that point I bought a new pair of runners in Nike. I haven't worn them yet as they are my good ones that I wear with nice outfits (of the day) and not for my walks where God knows what is on the ground. They are a pale grey with a hint of blue and neon orange. Very pretty and a lot more subtle than they sound. And I only got them for €39.90, such a bargain! 

I guess I should end it here. I have limited wifi supply and I'm going to head for that walk on the beach. Ta-ta for now, Nee x

No comments:

Post a Comment