Friday 15 August 2014

Holiday Update: Newgrange and Belfast

I better not procrastinate any longer and just write. I mean it half 12 in the morning and I should have posted something earlier. But no excuses and let's talk positive. I have am update for you on my holidays. So on Wednesday we went to Newgrange which is one of the oldest historical buildings/monuments and are supposed to be older than the pyramids of Egypt. There is a little history lesson for you. I got quite a few photos but they are on my camera (which I'm loving at the moment) and hard to transfer. There could be an easier transferring process but I'll stick to what I know. Anyway, it was pretty cool. It surprising how people made these things long before us, in pre-history era. That day we ended up staying for most of the day at Newgrange as our tour was at 3:15 and 4:45  for both Knowtha and Newgrange and we ended up finishing after 6. Afterwards we headed for linchpin where we got massive portions of food. I got a Caesar Salad and was too full to finish it. However it was delicious. And it's bad but I can't remember the name of the restaurant!

Today was a different story. We headed up to Belfast which took more than an hour and a half from our hotel. We decided not to book tickets for the Titanic Experience but still ended up going. It was pretty cool but I think I had high expectations for it. I thought that there would be more 3D visuals of the Titanic but it didn't really. We had already went to the one in Cobh, Co. Cork and I must say its worth going there. At the Cobh one, you got a ticket with someone's name for the actual boat and near the end of the expedition, there was a list of the people's names and facts about them. I got a first-class passenger who survived ticket, so my one was pretty cool. The tickets were copies of the original ones they got so it's a pretty awesome gift. 

After the Titanic Experience, we decided to go to Belfast city instead because you might as well. We headed into Victoria Square Shopping Centre were we had dinner in TGI Fridays (I got a burger) and went for an hour long shop (we had a tight schedule). I only bought two items, both from Topshop. My mum and I were a little disappointed with the selection and found that most of the stuff were dearer when converted back to euros. It was cheaper getting them at home. Except for Topshop's full priced items. We think it's because of the exchange rate, damn that, but I still bought something nice. On our way back to the hotel, we stopped off at Banbridge and took a small shopping trip. I didn't find anything this time and my mum was the only one who bought something. She bought a lovely L.K. Bennett dress for £50, which was lovely on her. The only other thing we bought was coffee and a tiffin square in Costa. Oh, well! Makes me appreciate home more. 

Well anyway, I should head to bed as tomorrow I am headed for a facial in the hotel at half 10. Can't wait, especially when my skin has been acting up (ugh!). I will leave you with some photos of today. Ta-ta for now, Nee x
Outside of the Titanic Experience. I look so happy. 
Again Titanic Experience. Oh the lovely wind!
Titanic Experience 
Belfast City Hall. It looked lovely! 


No comments:

Post a Comment