Tuesday 18 August 2015

Tasty Tuesday #32 Easy Chocolate Ice-Cream


When you have leftover bananas that have gone a tad bit too brown and you are not in the mood to have some banana bread but something cold and easy to make, an easy chocolate ice-cream recipe will be perfect for you. That is exactly how I begun to make this recipe. I had looked up a few recipe, they are so easy to find, and decided to write down my own, for future reference. 

This recipe has a definite banana taste, which I do enjoy, but use less ripe bananas to lessen that sweet banana-y taste. I also used cacao powder because it is more nutritious then regular cocoa powder as it contains vitamin C, calcium (good for healing broken bones) and iron. So let's begin with the recipe. 

Ingredients:
  • 3 bananas, sliced
  • 2 Tablespoons cacao/cocoa powder
















Method:

1. Cut up a banana into slices and freeze. I would recommend separating the indiviual pieces as I found it difficult to blend it up later. Leave for 4 hours or overnight
2. Once the bananas are frozen, add them to a food processor or blender with the cacao/cocoa powder.
3. Blend everything until the texture is smooth and resembles, soft serving ice-cream.
4. You can serve immediately or freeze for 2 hours and serve. If you freeze for longer, it will freeze up into a big chocolate banana ice-cube thing that is not as creamy.





I really enjoyed this ice-cream, but it is something you can only really eat once use you keep on melting it each time before freezing. If you do try it out, I hope you enjoy eating it, like I did.

Ta-ta for now, Nee x

No comments:

Post a Comment