Tuesday 29 September 2015

Tasty Tuesday #38 Double Chocolate Shortbread Biscuits

Excuse my lack of posts for this week, I was quite busy and it just slipped my mind. However that is alright because during the week, I baked something new and it was a bit of an experiment. I think I will try this out again and properly follow the method that I have below. This is a great recipe if you want to make shortbread biscuits or cookies but I also think this would be a great pie or cheesecake base to however. You can mix up the ingredients a bit like adding different chocolate or fruit. Anyway, let's get started.

Ingredients:
  • 265g plain flour
  • 1 tsp of baking powder
  • 30g cocoa powder
  • 200g butter
  • 50g caster sugar
  • 50g brown sugar
  • A handful or two of chocolate chopped up into chunks or chips

Method:

1. Preheat the oven to 180C.

2.Cream the butter and sugars together until creamy and lighter in colour.

3. Sift in the flour, baking powder and cocoa powder into the butter-sugar mixture and mix until combined.

4. Add in the chocolate chips and mix in until combined. 



5. In a baking paper/parchment lined tin, add the dough in and press into the tin. This makes a sheet of shortbread biscuits you can cut into squares afterwards. You can also put small balls of dough into the tin to do single biscuits. 

6. Put it into the oven for 12-18 minutes.

7. Cute the biscuits if needed but then leave to cool because otherwise they will crumble. 

8. Once cooled, seal in a airtight container for the week, if they last that long!































I really enjoyed this recipe even though it turned out to be more of a shortbread biscuit than a cookie, I followed the 1:2:3 guide to making cookies where sugar is 1, fat 2 and flour 3. I will hopefully try out a few more recipes using this guide and will definitely tell you have it goes.

Ta-ta for now, Nee x

No comments:

Post a Comment