Tuesday 2 September 2014

Tasty Tuesday #8 Chocolate Cookies (So yum!)

I remembered to post this time! I actually nearly forgot a few times so I decided to do this as soon as I get home, when I'll remember it most. Last night I nearly panicked thinking that it was Tuesday, but it was alright, just a Monday night, so I was ok.

Today I'm going to share this chocolate cookie kind-of recipe that reminds me of Nesquik, I love that cereal. Anyway, it is very simple and can last for a few days, if you're not tempted by them. 

Ingredients:

  • 225g/8oz butter, softened
  • 110g/4oz caster sugar 
  • 250g/9oz plain flour
  • 50g/2oz cocoa powder 
  • 125g/4 1/2oz white chocolate chips 


Method:

  1. Preheat the oven to 170 degrees Celsius/325 degrees Fahrenhuit/Gas Mark 3.
  2. Cream the butter in a mixing bowl with an electric whisk until it's soft. Add in the sugar and whisk until light and fluffy.
  3. Sift in the flour and cocoa powder and bring the mixture together until a dough is formed
  4. Add in the chocolate chips and mix again
  5. Grease the baking tray with butter.
  6. Roll the dough into walnut-sized balls and place them onto the tray slightly apart. You can flatten them a little with a fork, but that's optional.
  7. Bake them in the oven for 13 minutes. When you take the cookies out, it is ok if they sink when poked, they will harden later. 
  8. Transfer the cookies to the wire tray when hot. Once cooled enjoy eating them or putting them into an airtight container for a few days, probably 3.
Note: If you have leftover dough, you can roll it into a log and leave in the fridge for up to 2 weeks. You can remove them from the fridge and cut them into slices before popping them into a preheated oven.

Here are the photos, please take note that the mixture can look dodge before baked, as seen below.





No comments:

Post a Comment