Wednesday 1 October 2014

Tasty Tuesday #12 Perry Street to Homemade Meal

Yesterday, I had the day off school and we decided to celebrate my day's birthday. I treated him to breakfast in this restaurant called Perry Street in Cork.

 Now I've only been there once for lunch and it was ok, nothing majorly fantastic, but we decided to go there for breakfast. Let me tell you, I wasn't very impressed.
Now it looks lovely when you go in, I quite liked the decor and seemed nice. I thought that the prices were a little steep but sometimes you need to treat yourselves. I decided to go for pancakes and bacon with maple syrup, which ended up being €8 on its own, not including tea. I tried it out, anyway, and it's wasn't great. Firstly the pancakes were quite thick and a little hard to cut, which could be their style of pancakes, but it didn't settle very well. Next, the 'maple syrup' actually turned out to be maple flavoured golden syrup. False advertising and also way too sweet for my liking. And it also came with bacon, which was a bit too smoky for my own opinion and didn't taste very well together. An awful thing to say, but at one point, I thought I was going to vomit. Too much for an early morning. I don't even think the rest of us really enjoyed our meal, so that's us not going there!








My pancakes with bacon and 'maple syrup'. 




There was no doubt that we didn't let the breakfast ruin our day, of course. We went for a lovely walk around Cork city. Even to places that I have never seen, or else can't remember. We went to Fitzgerald's Park, the Shaky Bridge (which isn't very shaky anymore) and around UCC. It was lovely, every though it was quite hot and I didn't bring the best shoes. Lets just say, don't wear new shoes especially when you are going on a spontaneous walk around town. Not a good idea. I have four balloon-like blisters to prove. 

Anyway, we ended up having a lovely dinner at home à la Mum. I love a good old fillet steak and this one was bloody lovely. It was so tender and delicious and sometimes all you need is a cooked home meal.



So that was basically it, a not-so good breakfast to a fabulous dinner whilst celebrating my day's birthday. Ta-ta for now, Nee x

No comments:

Post a Comment