Saturday 18 October 2014

Update: Busy Weeks and Soroptimist Competition

What is going on? That's probably the question you have going through your mind as you read this. No, I'm not stopping blogging. I don't know if it's because it's nearly mid-term, but I feel like I'm lacking in quantity and quality here. In all honesty, I have been doing stuff this week which has prevented me from posting, mostly because the time I start to blog, I choose sleep over it. At least this week, it won't be as stressful. I will be testing out college/university life for a week, and I'll see how it goes.


Let me start by telling you what has briefly happened this week. Thursday was the best day, a day which I'm glad to have over with. I ended up doing three tests that day, one French test, a First Aid test and an ECDL test. God knows how the first two went, but I did well in the latter. I got 100% in the ECDL. So I can now make PowerPoint presentations for you. Fun times! 

I also had to finish editing and post a video for a Science competition. That didn't go great at the start. I saved the video, put it onto a USB the night before. When I went to show the others the video, it wouldn't show up, on any of the computers. Life was far too stressful at that moment. I asked my mum to drop in the laptop during small break, which she did and the video too did not work there. I decided to keep the laptop at school and handed it to a teacher to put into one of their lockers, just to keep it safe. When it came to editing it later on, a teacher couldn't find the laptop. You can imagine my anxiously yet tiredness from the whole day and I just wanted to cry. Eventually it was found after disrupting another teacher's class to find it. We had to re-edit the video, but it was grand. We also ended up uploading it then and there so it was great.

The next day I had a CPR test also, which was ok, nothing too bad I think. The whole week I had also been practicing for a Public Speaking Competition which actually happened this morning. It was an all girls competition by the Soroptimist International and my topic was Empowering Women. It was pretty fancy as the Deputy Lord Mayor  and his wife were there in place of the Lord Mayor as she was in China. I ended up becoming one of the winners, there were two and a runner-up and we will be continuing on into the regionals early next year. So that was pretty exciting and I enjoyed it so much. We had great fun with the other girls who spoke also. Definitely an eventful morning. 

So now, I am just relaxing and writing here to update you and hopefully I will be able to sort something out for next week. Hopefully there will be more posts and updates.

Ta-ta for now, Nee x

No comments:

Post a Comment